Whether real or not, adrenal fatigue has been a thing ever since it was “discovered” by James Wilson, PhD. A lifelong alternative medicine expert, Dr. Wilson, says with proper intervention, you can actually overcome this condition.
While there is no approved test for adrenal fatigue, Dr. Wilson identifies poor adrenal glands function as the culprit. This could be because of chronic infections (pneumonia, bronchitis, flu) and even long-term stress. Other causes could be the following:
- Poor diet
- Mold exposure
- Emotional baggage
- Lack of exercise
- Too much exercise
- Working too hard
While these are known symptoms of adrenal fatigue, these are not condition-specific. Symptoms like headache, nausea, body malaise, fatigue, general body aches, digestive concerns, and sleep disturbances can happen practically at any time in various causes. Here is a more comprehensive list of possible red flags:
- Loss of body hair
- Inexplicable weight loss
- Constant exhaustion
- Body ache
- Low blood pressure
- Skin discoloration
- Trouble falling asleep
- A mid-afternoon slump
- Weight gain
- Autoimmune issues
- Brain Fog
Before you conclude that it is adrenal fatigue, you might want to consult your physician to rule out other possible causes of the symptoms mentioned above. This way, you can ensure that you can gain access to appropriate intervention.
There is no one pill that can combat adrenal fatigue. You could use physician-prescribed anti-stress supplements but that is not enough. You should take it in conjunction with a healthy diet, regular exercise, and proper stress management.
However, if adrenal function is high and does not pose any threat as yet, do not be complacent. Adrenal fatigue can hit you any time so you have to be a couple of steps ahead. Here are some vitamins and minerals that you should take to minimize the threat of developing adrenal fatigue:
- Vitamin B5
- Vitamin B6
- Vitamin B12
- Vitamin C
Unlike adrenal fatigue, Adrenal Insufficiency is completely different in the sense that it can be diagnosed. There is an actual test that will show whether you are suffering from this condition or not. Adrenal insufficiency is much more serious as compared to adrenal fatigue. Among its symptoms are muscle weakness, stomach pain, and even depression. Adrenal insufficiency is diagnosed with a blood test. It is very serious that some situations do require hormone replacement.
Natural Ways to Combat Adrenal Fatigue
There are ways that people can combat adrenal fatigue that do not necessitate anything synthetic. Here are concrete actions that you can do if you notice some of the symptoms in your own way of doing things:
- Get rid of carbohydrates, sugar, and alcohol from your diet. Go for more greens and food rich with anti-oxidants. If you have a healthy diet, you get to boost your happy hormones which are the natural defense against adrenal fatigue.
- Have a better sleeping schedule. Get enough sleep which should be around six to eight hours. In order to do this on a regular basis, you should make healthy sleep as a habit. To get to a state of deep sleep immediately, make sure you are relaxed. Avoid naps in the afternoon and exercise daily. Comfort of your bed and pillows also matter. Finally, make sure you steer clear from cigarettes, alcohol, and loud music that could stimulate your minds and keep you awake.
- Lessen caffeine intake. If you want to drink coffee, do so in the morning. The best thing, however, is to turn your back on coffee once and for all.
- Meditation helps as well. This is one of the most effective way to handle stress. A time of quiet does wonders for one’s well-being. This is why exercises such as yoga is highly recommended by doctors.
- Prioritize. Do not be caught in a perpetual state of urgency. Prioritize what you need to do so that you can manage stress better. Remember, adrenal fatigue is caused by stress. If you manage your stressors, you manage the symptoms of adrenal fatigue as well.
Adrenal fatigue, although not serious, might lead to complications if not dealt with appropriately. With proper intervention, you can keep the symptoms at bay. With a healthy diet and excellent stress management, you can definitely keep your head above the fray and kiss adrenal fatigue goodbye permanently.